Quick Hot Pepper Jelly snack!
I find myself just getting out the ingredients for this one and snacking in front of the tv… which usually means i have far too many of these bad boys.
This recipe is super easy, no-cook, no-chop, and makes as much as you want of it. perfect for single portions or a group. I’ve also seen people spoon cream cheese into a bowl, push a little dent in the center, then fill it will hot pepper jelly for a party dip bowl with only one step.
- Crackers of some kind: Ritz, Club crackers (my favorite), gluten-free rice crackers, triscuits, wheat thins, you name it. Might even work on corn chips, but I haven’t tried it.
- Cream cheese, can be regular or whipped
- Hot pepper jelly, it looks like this:
tip: you can usually find a less expensive brand than stonewall kitchen, at least where i shop you can. check the jelly aisle to see what’s available. hot pepper jelly is usually made from jalapeno peppers, so it is not super hot, and actually has some sweet flavors (it is, after all, jelly) but it does have a little kick (probably somewhere between mild and medium salsa).
this snack is best when cool, so keep your cream cheese and jelly in the fridge.
- Using a knife or spoon, spread some cream cheese on your cracker of choice, make it pretty smooth or your jelly will run off the sides.
- Spread a small spoonful of jelly on top.
- Snack snack snack. Mm-mmm good.
- Repeat. Endlessly. (or make them beforehand so you don’t finish half a sleeve of crackers in one go. easier said than done)